The PGXD24/SM58 Handheld Transmitter with SM58 Mic is designed to meet the needs of the traveling performer by pairing an industry-standard handheld dynamic vocal microphone with an exceptional transmitter and receiver.
The PGXD2 transmitter features automatic setup, a multi-function LED Indicator (power, lockout, mute, low battery), and provides you with up to 9 hours of continuous use on 2 AA batteries. It gives you and your microphone a generous 200′ (60m) operating range without losing audio quality.
The PGXD4 receiver offers 24-bit/48kHz resolution for incredibly accurate sound, auto frequency selection, and greater reliability thanks to its true digital diversity.
The Shure SM58 mic is legendary for its uncanny ability to withstand abuse that would destroy any other microphone. The Shure SM58 has not only helped to define the sound of rock vocals on stage, it’s also been used as a hammer to build stages and gone on to perform flawlessly later at the gig. Using a club’s house system? You’ll be singing through an SM58. And in the studio? Daniel Lanois always uses the SM58 or Beta 58 on Bono’s vocals.
The Shure SM58 mic is world-renowned for its distinctive upper-midrange presence peak that ensures an intelligible, lively sound. Perfectly fits a performer’s hand, balanced for total comfort during long gigs. Frequency response is a smooth, vocal-tailored 50Hz-15kHz, and the price is a bargain considering its life expectancy.
Besides the SM58 microphone, you also get a PGXD4 wireless receiver, PGXD2 handheld transmitter, padded case, and a microphone clip.
Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC’s wireless microphone website at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
PGXD2 Handheld Transmitter
- Power, mute, and battery status LED
- Up to 9 hours of continuous use from 2 AA batteries
- 200′ (60m) operating range
- 10dB of adjustable gain
- Lockable interface prevents accidental setting changes
- Rugged construction for reliable performance show after show
PGXD4 Wireless Receiver
- 24-bit / 48kHz digital technology for incredibly accurate sound
- Automatic frequency selection locates a clear channel instantly
- One-touch sync automatically syncs the transmitter and receiver
- True digital diversity delivers rock-solid wireless signal reliability
- Up to 5 systems can be used at once
- 1„4″ and XLR audio outputs
- Performance tested, industry standard
- Uniform cardioid pick-up pattern for maximum gain before feedback and excellent rejection of off-axis sound
- Tailored frequency response specifically shaped for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass roll off to control proximity effect
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Steel-mesh grille and enamel-coated metal construction resist wear and abuse
- Effective built in pop-filter reduces undesirable wind and breathe noise
- Furnished with zippered storage bag and break-resistant stand adapter
- Extremely durable under the heaviest use
- Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Audio Input Level:
- +2 dBV maximum at -10dB position
- -8 dBV maximum at 0dB position
- Gain Adjustment Range: 10dB
- RF Transmitter Output: 30 mW maximum (dependent on applicable country regulations)
- Dimensions, including SM58 cartridge: 254 mm x 51 mm dia. (10″ x 2″)
- Weight: 290g (10.2 oz.) without batteries
- Housing: Molded PC/ABS handle and battery cup
- Power Requirements: 2 AA size alkaline or rechargeable batteries
- Battery Life: > 8 hours (alkaline)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 40 mm x 181 mm x 104 mm (1.6″ x 7.125″ x 4.1″)
- Weight: 289g (10.2 oz.)
- Housing: ABS
- Audio Output Level (ref. +/-38kHz deviation, 1kHz tone): XLR connector (into 3,000 Ohm load): -2.5dBV 1/4″ connector (into 1,0000 Ohm load): +10 dBV
- XLR: 50Ohm
- 1/4″: 50Ohm
- Sensitivity: -102 dBm @ 10-5 BER
- Image rejection: > 70dB, typical
- XLR output:
- Impedance balanced Pin 1: Ground (cable shield)
- Pin 2: Audio
- Pin 3: No Audio
- Audio LED:
- Red: 2dB below clip
- Amber: 12dB below clip
- Green: 50dB below clip
- Power Requirements: 12-18 Vdc at 150 mA, supplied by external power supply
- Pin Assignments: XLR: 1 = ground, 2 = hot, 3 = cold 6.35mm (1/4″) TRS: Tip = audio, Ring = no audio, Sleeve = ground
- Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency response: 50 to 15kHz
- Polar Pattern: Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency
- Sensitivity (at 1,000Hz Open Circuit Voltage): -54.5dBV/Pa (1.85 mV), 1 Pa = 94dB SPL
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 Ohm (300 Ohm actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Connector: 3-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Case: Dark gray, enamel-painted, die-cast metal; matte-finished, silver, spherical steel mesh grille
- Overall dimensions: 6-3/8″L, 2″W
- Net weight: 298g (10.5oz.)
One year warranty on wireless mics, mixers, and circuitry products.
2 year warranty on wired mics.
Warranty terms vary. Check with manufacturer for specific product warranty.