This PGXD24/SM86 Digital Wireless System from Shure adds the clarity of 24-bit digital audio to the legacy of trusted Shure microphone options for wireless performance.
The Shure SM86 is a unidirectional (cardioid) condenser vocal microphone for professional use in live performance. An extremely rugged microphone, the SM86 withstands the rigors of touring while delivering a clear, studio-quality sound.
A cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise. The built-in three-point shock mount minimizes handling noise, and a two-stage pop filter reduces wind and breath “pop” noise.
Besides the SM86 microphone, you also get a PGXD2 handheld transmitter, PGXD4 receiver, padded carrying case, and a microphone clip.
The PGXD2 transmitter features automatic setup, a multi-function LED Indicator (power, lockout, mute, low battery), and provides you with 8 hours of continuous use on 2 AA batteries. It gives you and your microphone a generous 200′ (60m) operating range without losing audio quality.
The PGXD4 receiver offers 24-bit/48kHz accurate sound, offers technology for incredibly accurate sound, auto frequency selection, and greater reliability thanks to its true digital diversity.
Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC’s wireless microphone website at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
PGXD4 Wireless Receiver
- 24-bit / 48kHz digital technology for incredibly accurate sound
- Automatic frequency selection locates a clear channel instantly
- One-touch sync automatically syncs the transmitter and receiver
- True digital diversity delivers rock-solid wireless signal reliability
- Up to 5 systems can be used at once
- 1„4″ and XLR audio outputs
- Included padded carrying case for portability and protection
PGXD2 Handheld Transmitter
- Power, mute, and battery status LED
- Up to 9 hours of continuous use from 2 AA batteries
- 200″ (60m) operating range
- 10dB of adjustable gain
- Lockable interface prevents accidental setting changes
- Rugged construction for reliable performance show after show
- Condenser cartridge for studio quality sound
- Tailored frequency response for a clear reproduction of vocals
- Rugged construction withstands the rigors of touring sound
- Cardioid polar pattern minimizes unwanted background noise
- Excellent choice for stage monitors and personal monitors
- Built-in three-point shock mount minimizes handling noise
- Two-stage “pop” filter reduces wind and breath noise
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 40mm x 181mm x 104mm (1.6″ x 7.125″ x 4.1″)
- Weight: 289g (10.2oz.)
- Housing: ABS
- Audio Output Level (ref. ±38kHz deviation, 1kHz tone): XLR connector (into 3000Î load): -2.5dBV 1/4″ connector (into 10000Î load): +10 dBV
- XLR: 50Î
- 1/4″: 50Î
- Sensitivity: -102 dBm @ 10-5 BER
- Image rejection: > 70dB, typical
- XLR output:
- Impedance balanced Pin 1: Ground (cable shield)
- Pin 2: Audio
- Pin 3: No Audio
- Audio LED:
- Red: 2dB below clip
- Amber: 12dB below clip
- Green: 50dB below clip
- Power Requirements: 12-18 Vdc at 150 mA, supplied by external power supply
- Pin Assignments: XLR: 1 = ground, 2 = hot, 3 = cold 6.35mm (1/4″) TRS: Tip = audio, Ring = no audio, Sleeve = ground
PGX2 Handheld Transmitter
- Audio Input Level:
- +2 dBV maximum at -10dB position
- -8 dBV maximum at 0dB position
- Gain Adjustment Range: 10dB
- RF Transmitter Output: 30 mW maximum (dependent on applicable country regulations)
- Dimensions including SM58 cartridge: 254mm x 51mm dia. (10″ x 2″)
- Weight: 290g (10.2oz.) without batteries
- Housing: Molded PC/ABS handle and battery cup
- Power Requirements: 2 AA size alkaline or rechargeable batteries
- Battery Life: > 8 hours (alkaline)
- Microphone Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (unidirectional)
- Frequency response: 60 to 15,000Hz
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of microphone output connector
- Output Impedance (at 1000Hz): 300Î
- Sensitivity (at 1000Hz): -53dBV/Pa, (2.2 mV), 1 Pascal=94dB SPL
- Electromagnetic Hum Sensitivity: 26dB equivalent SPL in a 1 millioersted field (60Hz)
- Switch: Built-in On/Off switch
- Connector: Three pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Case: Die cast metal handle, black matte finish; hardened silver colored, spherical steel mesh grille
- Environmental Conditions: This microphone operates over a temperature range of -29 to 57 Celsius (-20 to 135 Fahrenheit), and at a relative humidity of 0 to 95%.
- Weight: Net: 321g (11.3 oz) Packaged: 908g (2lb.)
One year warranty on wireless mics, mixers, and circuitry products.
2 year warranty on wired mics.
Warranty terms vary. Check with manufacturer for specific product warranty.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.