The Shure WL184 Wireless Lavalier Microphone is an electret condenser mic designed for use with a wireless bodypack transmitter. With a supercardioid pickup pattern the WL184 is recommended for sound reinforcement applications requiring high rejection of ambient noise and narrow pickup angle.
The WL184 has a 4 ft. (1.2 meter) cable terminated with a miniature 4-pin mini connector. Included tie clip can be rotated in 90 degree intervals for placement flexibility. Use of windscreen highly recommended. Pickup angle is 115 degrees.
Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC’s wireless microphone website at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
- Narrow supercardioid pickup pattern for maximum noise rejection
- 4 ft. (1.2 meter) cable terminated with a miniature 4-pin mini connector
- Included tie clip can be rotated in 90 degree intervals for placement flexibility
- Type: Condenser (electret bias)
- Pickup Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 50 to 17,000 Hz
- Output Impedance : 1800 Ohms
- Sensitivity (1 Pa = 94 dB SPL): -44.5 dBV/Pa
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 129.5 dB SPL
- Output Noise (A-weighted): 27.0 dB SPL
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pins 3 and 4 relative to pin 1.
- Power Requirements: Regulated nominal +5 Vdc (1.5 Vdc to 10 Vdc) provided at microphone connector pin 2 relative to pin 1 of a Shure wireless microphone transmitter.
One year warranty on wireless mics, mixers, and circuitry products.
2 year warranty on wired mics.
Warranty terms vary. Check with manufacturer for specific product warranty.