The Shure Wireless Microphone consists of the SLX handheld transmitter fitted with the SM86 cardioid microphone capsule. The SLX2 transmitter includes timed backlit LCD display, frequency and power lockout, and “Mute” functionality. The SLX2 transmitter design allows for interchangeable microphone cartridges. The SM86 is a rugged condenser microphone that features a tailored frequency response for clear reproduction of vocals. Built-in three-point shock mount and two-stage pop filter.
Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC’s wireless microphone website at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
SM86 Cardioid Microphone
- Cardioid, Condenser
- Frequency response: 50 to 18,000 Hz
- Rugged construction withstands the rigors of touring sound
SLX2 Handheld Transmitter
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Automatic Transmitter Setup
- Backlit LCD with timeout feature
- Frequency and power lockout
- 3-segment battery fuel gauge
- 2 AA batteries (included) provide 8 hours of continuous use
- 518 – 782 MHz operating range
- Audio Input Level: +2 dBV maximum at -10dB position; -8 dBV maximum at 0dB position
- Gain Adjustment Range: 10dB
- RF Transmitter Output: 30 mW maximum (dependent on applicable country regulations)
- Dimensions (Length x Diameter): 10 x 2 in. (254 x 51 mm)
- Weight: 10.2 oz. (290 grams) without batteries
- Housing: Molded PC/ABS handle and battery cup
- Power Requirements: 2 “AA” size alkaline or rechargeable batteries
- Battery Life: >8 hours (alkaline)
One year warranty on wireless mics, mixers, and circuitry products.
2 year warranty on wired mics.
Warranty terms vary. Check with manufacturer for specific product warranty.